After some controversal discussions between producers, take-back schemes and authorities on the categorization of E-Bike accumulators and powerbanks the German WEEE register officially released a binding categorization for those products. It staes clearly that the following battery and accumulator types are only subject to the German battery law – and don´t have to be registered according to the German WEEE directive:
- E-Bike-Accumulators, also with charging display;
- E-Bike-Accumulators, also with different charging interfaces;
- Accus, also with charging display (e.g. for powertools and gardening tools);
- Powerbanks, also with charging display;
- Powerbanks, also with different charging interfaces.
Exceptions are powerbanks with additional functions (such as light, radio, alarm clock). Those devices are subject to registration under WEEE and battery legislation in Germany.
If you need additional information concering this issue or the classification of batteries and accumulators worldwide – just write us an Email or simply call us. We are more than happy to provide further details.
Your Go4Recycling Team